West Coventry Academy’s Careers Vision
Via a comprehensive and inspirational Careers Programme our pupils will be ready to achieve their full potential, having the confidence, qualities and skills to achieve success and happiness in their chosen Career.
Here at West Coventry Academy we believe that the right careers advice throughout a students’ time with us is crucial in helping them make the right decisions about their future and provides direction and purpose to their journey with us.
We employ a full time careers Advisor, Chris Day.
Her responsibilities include:
- Providing targeted support for Year 11-13 to help them make important decisions about final destinations
- Advice to Year 9 and Year 11 as they make their GCSE subject choices and make applications to Post 16 providers
- Organising and leading on career related educational visits to events such as the Skills Show
- Leading on organising Year 10 and Year 12 Work Experience (ALL students participate in a work experience placement at the end of Year 10 and 12)
- Leading on whole school PHSE Days and assemblies which have a careers focus.
Mock Interview Days
On 25th & 26th November we invited Volunteers from an array of Businesses to test all our Year 11 students on Communication & to encourage Confidence in an Interview situation.
For many, this was their first opportunity in speaking to a stranger where the interview was quite generic but encouraged students to speak with clarity and let their personality shine through. They all had to ask the volunteer a question, which most tried and succeeded. Well done!
This type of event really stretches the students and prepares them towards the World of Work. The school were extremely grateful for the volunteers offering their own time; however all the volunteers really enjoyed their experience and here you can see how impressed they were of our students. Please read some of the many positive Comments.
We're so incredibly proud of them all!
In the coming months, students please take some time to explore Careers for the future. Please take some time to look at some of these links so you are more Career Savvy. Chris Day (Careers Advisor) is available via Email:- email@example.com
For All Students
Useful Careers Websites
https://www.careersoft.co.uk – West Coventry subscribe to this. Ask in school, via noticeboards, SID or via the Careers Office for the Access Code. Please note this is for students of West Coventry Academy only and the Access Code must not be shared outside.
https://www.prospects.ac.uk Useful Careers website with Job Profiles, Useful Tips on Interviews, CVs & Cover Letters etc