16-19 Tuition Fund
The 16-19 tuition fund is one off funding for the 2020/21 academic year from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) that is ring fenced for Post 16 providers to support students and mitigate disruption to learning arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The fund is being utilised to support small group tuition of 17 Post 16 students who have yet to gain at least a Grade 4 in an English or Maths GCSE. The support takes the form of small group tuition (groups vary from 3 to no more than 5) and it is delivered online by an experienced tutor. The external provider is PET-XI a reputable local Education and Training provider with whom we have a close working relationship. This provision will be reviewed following the January examination results.
There will be 5 principles that will govern the tutorial sessions:
1. The groups will be small. No more than 5 students will be allocated to each group.
2. The sessions will be run by a subject specialist teacher/tutor.
3. The sessions will focus upon individual need, where there are identified gaps in learning.
4. Each session will be clearly planned with a topic or exam activity in mind so that it is as productive and targeted as possible.
5. They are organised constructive sessions and not ‘drop-in’ sessions.
6. Evidence will be kept of student attendance at the sessions and the progress they are making in light of this support.
This statement is in line with the Government guidance and we have published this statement to demonstrate how this additional funding will be utilised in the academic year 2020/21. This document may be updated to reflect any changes in ESFA guidance.