Here at West Coventry Academy we believe that the right careers advice throughout a students’ time with us is crucial in helping them make the right decisions about their future and provides direction and purpose to their journey with us.
We employ a full time careers Advisor, Chris Day.
Her responsibilities include:
- Providing targeted support for Year 11-13 to help them make important decisions about final destinations
- Advice to Year 9 and Year 11 as they make their GCSE subject choices and make applications to Post 16 providers
- Organising and leading on career related educational visits to events such as the Skills Show
- Leading on organising Year 10 Work Experience (ALL students participate in a two week work experience at the end of Year 10)
- Leading on whole school PHSE Days which have a careers focus.
In the coming months, students please take some time to explore Careers for the future. Please take some time to look at some of these links so you are more Career Savvy. Chris Day (Careers Advisor) is available via Email:- email@example.com
For All Students
Useful Careers Websites
https://www.careersoft.co.uk – West Coventry subscribe to this and you need the following access code to use this – 2e2j9smm
https://www.prospects.ac.uk Useful Careers website with Job Profiles, Useful Tips on Interviews, CVs & Cover Letters etc