Qualification: Technical Award Level 2 Exam Board: AQA
Is this course for you?
Are you creative and imaginative?
Do you enjoy problem solving?
Do you want to develop your graphic skills?
What Will You Do?
You will undertake a number of mini projects that will be assessed against 12 practical skills including; drawing and sketching in 2D and 3D, digital editing, typography, application of colour theory, publishing layouts, surface development and card engineering, producing a Web based design, printing processes, CAD/CAM for model making. You will produce a series of small made outcomes and record your work in a portfolio
You will produce a single product that showcases a range of technical skills from Unit 1.
Assessed on knowledge and understanding of communication techniques, processes in industry, health and safety, materials and stock forms, tools and equipment systems and controls, commercial aspects, social and environmental issues, business organisation and career opportunities.
Unit 1 Skills Demonstration - 30% - Internally assessed - 12 practical skills
Unit 2 Extended Making - 30% - Internally assessed - Project assessed against planning, making, Project evaluation and communication.
- A client who owns a sportswear company has asked you to produce the branding and suitable packaging for one of their products.
- Produce promotional material to for an adventure holiday aimed at teenagers.
- A new boutique hotel is opening in your town/city. Produce a set of promotional materials for the launch.
Unit 3 Written Exam - 40% - Externally assessed - Written exam - 1 hour and 30 minutes
Possible Career Options:
- Graphic Designer
- Advertising and Marketing
- Web Designer
- Architectural Technician
- Video Game Design
- Product Design
- Paper Engineering
- Layout designer for magazines and newspapers
- Logo Designer Brand Identity Designer
- Graphic Design
- Product Design
- Advertising Marketing