Travel & Tourism
Qualification: BTEC First Award Level 1/2 Exam Board: Edexcel
Is BTEC Travel & Tourism for you?
Are you interested in a career in Travel & Tourism?
Do you prefer doing more coursework than exams?
Do you want to improve your communication skills?
Do you enjoy going on visits?
What Will You Do?
This course is made up of 2 compulsory units:
1. The UK Travel and Tourism Sector - where you learn all about travel and tourism, why people go on holiday, where they go and how tourism impacts on the economy of a whole country. This will be externally assessed in an exam.
2. UK Travel and Tourism Destinations – here you learn about the most popular UK travel and tourism destinations – natural, built and heritage. We investigate why people choose to go to these places and plan holidays to suit customers with different needs and requirements.
We also choose 2 optional units:
3. Factors Affecting Worldwide Travel and Tourism – this unit covers the influential factors on tourism and why events such as natural disasters can have a significant impact on the industry.
4. International Travel and Tourism Destinations – here you learn about the most popular international destinations. We look at the reasons people choose to go on holiday and plan holidays for different tourists dependent on their needs and requirements.
Unit 1 is assessed through an exam. The other units will be assessed through coursework in the form of a portfolio. This means you need to be very organised and self-motivated.
Possible Career Options:
- Holiday Representative
- Tour Manager
- Travel Agent
- Travel Agent
- Hotel Manager
- BTEC Level 3 in Travel & Tourism